Saturday, March 3, 2012

Good times and bad times

December, 2011
I found this one and it never published so I thought I would let it out there even though it is late and way past Christmas.

What do you learn in the Osage?

* perseverance (Hebrews 12)
* it ain't as bad as it seems
* humility is something you don't want to go through the pain to get (think elf and read on)
* good deeds don't go unpunished (yes, I meant it that way)

You are wondering why I am reversing the order of my writing but you will see when you hear about my week.

Monday I went home freezing to the point of shaking.
Tuesday I was sweating all day and into the night.
Wednesday about noon I left the house to go to my office where I opened my mail and found someone had compromised my checking account and it was missing $12,000. It is a person I helped. Then I purchased a house at an auction that I owned already that had someone living in it that refused to move and refused to pay payments. The law protected him and he cheated me and hid behind the law.  This is called foreclosure.

I had a person who I loaned money chew me out because his interest rate was 7.25% unstead of 7% and he was about 10 months behind on his payments because he has been Ill and needed me to work with him. He was not thankful.  He just bought a new pickup as we say in the Osage, BRAND NEW!

Thursday I spent the day with making police reports and returning checks and calling people who would be effected by the fraud committed. Thursday night I went to a Christmas party with friends.

Friday I volunteered most of the day taking pictures of Mrs. Santa and children with special needs and then someone was texting and rear ended my car. I sat there for a while in shock thinking the car is totaled. Amazingly enough you can hardly tell I was hit. It gave me a headache and back ache and neck ache.

Friday night I went to a banquet for families with special needs and I was one of three wise men in a skit. I never did like being in skits thanks to when I was about in the fifth grade and they made me play an elf. I was very large for my age and they made me wear tight leotards. It was humiliating and I still don't like to see pictures of that. Mrs. Shumate was responsible for that one. Trust me you don't want to see those pictures. I think I am still recovering almost 50 years later. I say, get over it.

After all this and believe me there is more I just can't write it all down, I feel pretty good and in fact blessed and let me tell you why you should to.

There is this little girl (Michelle)who is mentally handicapped and she spends her time making book marks that she places in businsinesses to sell for $.75 that she donates to help the poor. A few lessons here:

1. Everybody can do something for others
2. Dont ask for handouts, give one
3. No matter how bad it gets, look up for Hope

Don't worry and be content as you did not have to shed your blood and die on a cross.
Make no mistake about it, Merry Christmas.

Thanks for your time,
gary@thepioneerman.com

No comments: