Thursday, January 13, 2011

A trip to Colorado with my oldest son, Chase

We spent five days in the mountains backpacking over 12,000 feet.  The quietness reminded me of the Osage.  I remember sitting on the front porch and if the wind was real calm you could hear the pump jacks in the distance.I don't know about you but the sounds of the Osage were incredible.  I could sit with my family on the porch and hear and watch the coyotes running across the hill sides calling back and forth.  Then there were the crickets along the creek banks with the frogs belching out thier calls.And no one can brag more about the stars than the stars you could see in the Osage.  The Milky Way Galaxy was like star dust in the sky and every bit as incedible as seeing it at 12,000 feet in Colorado.
I don't know about you but when you look at this world from 12,000 feet or from the Osage it does not appear to me this was created by accident.
Thanks again for your time,Come to the Osage,Gary


TRIVIA QUESTION:  I will mail $10 to who can name all the members of the 1952 Grainola High School State Champion Basketball team.  Limited to one winner.  Sign up to follow my blog and comment your answers.  You will need to email me you address if you are the winner.
send me your trivia questions and we will have a contest now and then.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: